Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Saturday, August 19, 2006

More cryptozoology

Ok, forget about the hybrid-mutant in Maine. So the cat in the hat came back only to get hit by a car. Today Heidi found something much cooler (in that it's at my house and not in Maine.)
It's an armadillo. Apparently they are doing just as well at expansion as the the long feared killer bees. For much more information about armadillos go here.



This is the nine banded armadillos' know and potential range circa 1995



If you missed it the first time, click this one to see the march of the killer bees.


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing


If you listen closely you can here the Armadillo (I've decided to call him Ambrose) grunting. The clicking noise is my camera.

In this video we can observe Ambrose digging:


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing


And here are NOT some candid shots of Ambrose.(I will try again later) I tried to tell him that I didn't want to hurt him, and urged him to come out of his hole but he just wouldn't believe me... I think it is a sign. Ambrose has come to protect us from the Killer Bees.

8 Comments:

Blogger linda jean said...

You have to ask yourself: which kind of person are you. I'm having trouble believing Ambrose is a sign, but in one of those videos he did sound like the aliens in the baby moniter.

4:40 PM, August 19, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of you with poor speakers--

The background talking is me. I giggle, and then I say, "He's throwing mud on Daddy".

11:46 PM, August 19, 2006

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

I want to believe.

3:35 PM, August 20, 2006

 
Blogger nattyman said...

I chased down an armadillo when I was taking pictures of the Gyp Hills last summer just to see what he would do.... he ran.

We are seeing more and more dead ones on the trek back and forth to GC, but I have never seen any that far west before.

10:15 PM, August 20, 2006

 
Blogger mllr said...

I just thank God that since we already have a large population of armadillos, we will never be in danger from the Killer Bees

9:39 AM, August 21, 2006

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

This is only the second live one I have ever seen, the first being just this spring in Clark County.

1:27 PM, August 21, 2006

 
Blogger nattyman said...

Was that right before you hit it with your truck? :-)

5:29 PM, August 21, 2006

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

Actually I didn't hit it, but that was the fate of the only live Raccoon Ive ever seen.

8:02 AM, August 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home