Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ready to Rawk




So after 4 months and 2 1/2 gigs (the1/2 got cancelled due to lightning right as we were about to start and after sound checks etc.) I finally decided to sit down and get these drums set up how I like 'em. I realized that I felt way more comfortable on the set at church, and so I took some measurements as a guide. I was setting these up too high and sitting too close to them. Anyways now they are perfect. I have to say that everything that PDP claims about themselves is absolutely true. This is an incredible set of drums. What amazes me the most is how easy it is to tune the toms to themselves. Other sets I've had or used in the past always take about two weeks to get tweaked to where I feel like they sounded like a kit and not just 5 seperate drums. (This includes the church's Pearl Masters BRX kit(Which, in a odd twist of fate used to belong to this (turn up them speakers) guy(really! I can prove it!))). Worse, usually I will get drums all tuned up and then I start playing with other people and have to drastically retune them so they don't sound off to me. Other than the standard adjustments to counter the heads getting worn in, I haven't had to retune these at all. The toms sound like they are all part of the same instrument.

And that's all I have to say about that. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger mllr said...

I am curious as to how you know they belonged to Turn UP the speakers guy...

9:05 AM, September 08, 2006

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

They left one of their labels on one of the cases.

11:36 AM, September 08, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home