Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Blackout.

Dad managed to tear a muscle in his leg over christmas, so this is how he spent the blackout.
Mom and Betsy read a lot.
We had some nice candlelight game time.
Some water for flushin'.

I kept getting more and more ill with what would later be diagnosed as strep throat. Anna loved the whole thing, from having her grandparents around all day to the multitude of birthday candles which prompted her to run around the house singing "Happy Happy Happy." That evening we also listened to ABC's broadcast of President Ford's memorial service at the capital. All of the radio stations were out, so we had to choose between CBS and ABC to listen to on my storm radio (a big, big thank you to DANM for a most thoughtful gift) to listen to. I was also able to check the weather on the internet using my laptop and my parents' dialup account.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home