Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Sunday, February 04, 2007

In which I get a hamburger.

Since Mom, Betsy, and Anna returned to Kansas a couple of days before me, I decided that I would like to get a hamburger on my last full day on the west coast. Since I had already traveled well over a thousand miles to get to Medford, the extra 149 miles to get a hamburger did not seem like that big of a deal.

This is Mt. Shasta.
This is my magic trick where I make Mt. Shasta disappear.

The city of Redding,California, while being home to the northernmost In N Out Burger in the world, is also home to the Sundial bridge. This bridge is a stunning example of thrifty government spending as it not only serves as a much needed river crossing for the bustling foot traffic in the city, but also as a functional timepiece, provided it is 21 June between 11 AM and 3 PM.




Mmmmm.






If you've never visited Jeanette and Eric, you should know that they live under near permanent cloud cover. This is a shot on top of the Siskiyou pass before descending back into the darkness.
We got the tires rotated before our trip.







2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

driving to a In-n-Out. NECESSARY.

9:55 PM, February 04, 2007

 
Blogger mllr said...

THumbs up to In-N-Out

10:13 PM, February 04, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home