Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Once in a Lifetime

High point of harvest: 90 Bu TAM 111
Low point: The calf. You really don't want to know. (Luckily I missed this part.)
Personal triumph: The passenger in my Semi Truck finally made his fatal mistake. (At least I hope it was a he.)
Best sandwich: I'm not sure, but it seemed to involve warm chicken.
Angriest moment. Having the auger stop working (whilst unloading--imagine the implications) for the second time @ 11:00 at night. (note to self, fix it right the first time.)
Best radio transmission: "5848 to Matt, do you want to take Anna with you? " Is she tired of riding? "She's eating all of my Cheetos."
Worst moment at the elevator: Having to have my truck pulled off of the pit (I think this was at 9:30 PM) after the alternator belt came off sometime during day one.
Worst yield: The three corners I didn't spray made 34. (Please note that this is only two bu/A worse than my BEST wheat last year)
Wildlife: Two deer, the smallest fawn I have ever seen, and a coyote. (Not at the same time)
Most serious breakdown: A broken tension rod on the clean grain elevator drive chain. (One of many reasons why this was the best harvest ever)
Random skillz aquired: I can now sing every word to Kelly Clarkson's "Never Again", Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around", the Plain White T's's "Hey There Delilah", Nelly Furtado's "Say It Right", and Gwen Stafani's "The Sweet Escape".
There are lots more individual moments I remember, this is why everyone should become a poet.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger mllr said...

You would be better off without the random skills...your truck passenger, fatal mistake puzzles me.

8:25 AM, July 10, 2007

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

I can see how the random skillz may not be of any value in my future endeavors, but I find it hard to believe that they will be a detriment either. I suppose things never make homes for themselves in your trucks. Or if they do I suppose you simply ask them politely to leave.

2:38 PM, July 10, 2007

 
Blogger Susan said...

I think I'm going to need you to prove your newly acquired Justin Timberlake skills. Otherwise, I just might have to leak the news of your new favorite TV show.

Oh, and this is my new blog. See you in the morning for Harry Potter adventure.

1:55 AM, July 11, 2007

 
Blogger mllr said...

You could do a lip sync video with the two Drews

1:12 PM, July 11, 2007

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

Susan--Threats of revealing embarrassing details of my life would only be useful if a certain person and her sister didn't insist on doing it every chance they get with no provocation.

mllr-- Do you think they would let me??!? Tell them they need to do a song with a rap breakdown so I can come in and do that part.

7:54 AM, July 12, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home