Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Saturday, April 07, 2012

2012: The first week.

The first week of 2012. Full of bones, breaking and entering, and the Big D.






When 2012 started I was still in Oklahoma City.

Anna finished up some last minute business with Grammy.


And Katie helped me pack.


Then we stopped by Margaret's where Katie found some cuddle buddies.


We went to the neighborhood church. It was fun.


After that we went to the Museum of Osteology.  It was really cool.


I of course was excited to see the pig section.  Those of you who may think that getting bitten by a pig is funny, let me assure you that it is not, and here is the proof.

 

Most everyone had a great time.


Cephas showed off his running form next to the Cheetah.

Katie's favorite was the Hippo.


They had age appropriate scavenger hunts. Here is my victory shot with the elephant.


And Anna, triumphant in front of the dolphin.


And all of us by the Rhino.


Then we went to Nardin so Erica and Katie could do some organizing.


There were also cards to be played.


The next day we went to Witchita to see a movie on the iMax.  This picture (from the movie theater parking lot) sums up every single opinion I have about the city of Witchita.



The next day my girls went home, and Margaret and Lainey and I found out that we are terrible at stealing cars.



There were a lot of combines still out in the fields around Nardin. Apparently it rains there.


Margaret took me paint shopping.  I had never noticed Sherwin Williams alarming logo before.


We also looked at filing cabinets.  'Cause that's how we roll.

We visited the Memorial. Pretty moving.






Then we had one more night of excitement with the left coasters.

They had a plane to catch early the next morning.


Margaret and I looked at more paint.


Mark came through town so we had lunch.


And we went to see the newlyweds at their apartment.  We had fun assembling and then dissembling and the reassembling a dresser.


But it was all worth it.


 Then we went to Jo's fancy-pants pizza joint for some fancy-pants pizza.


Next morning we headed to the big D... er... A for to see the 'Cats.

We got there plenty early so that we could walk around in circles for several hours.


We finally went into the stadium.

And caught some pre-game pep.




Having found our seats, Spencer and I left to find the Roaches et al  to bring them their tickets.


And then we came back to watch the football game.


I had a pretty good view of the band, so I could remember my last trip to the Cotton Bowl. (Back when it was played in the Cotton Bowl.)


It was really fun even with the loss. I thought we had it in the bag once Colin started bleeding, but it wasn't to be.


Then I went home with the Roaches so that I could buy a guitar and spend the night.


There are lots of good memories on display in the Roach's guest room annex.




Keenan got up extra early the next morning to give me a nice driving tour of the DFW area which did eventually wind up in the right place to meet up with Dennis and Vernie, who gave me a ride to Abilene, KS for to celebrate yet another Christmas and meet up with my family again.

The even bought me a pie.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home