Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Monday, November 20, 2006

RPM


So I guess I'm in a band.
I played a gig on the 12th with RPM.
They seem to like my playing.
It is a little strange to "join" a band.
Everyone knows each other.
I had met two members prior to my first rehearsal.
Hannah was in marching band in high school with me in 1994.
Rich sat at the same table as me at the Gideons's recruitment dinner.
More strange dynamics:
The age difference between the group's youngest member and it's oldest member is 25 Years.
Make that closer to 30 years if you count "G.R.I.M."
"G.R.I.M." is not technically in the band, but performs with the band.
"G.R.I.M." is a freestyle rapper.
The electric guitarist went to school with my brother Michael.
There are 3 siblings in the band.
One of the members goes by "Matt" or "Matthew"
The band has its own sound guy.
The sound guy has many tens of thousands of dollars worth of sound equipment, and the subsequent knowledge to accompany it.
The band currently performs a mix of originals, covers and praise songs.

I'm really having a pretty good time so far.

4 Comments:

Blogger mllr said...

Fun! We need some tour information...maybe we can come see you when you play near Nardin

9:26 AM, November 21, 2006

 
Blogger mllr said...

I just wrote a long comment on Betsy's new blog only to discover that I have to be a team member to do that...I wrote on my new blog, that only you know about, yesterday by the way

9:41 AM, November 21, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds pretty fun. Let me know when you play again!

10:37 AM, November 21, 2006

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

I fixed Betsy's blog so comment away.

Apparently we are "playing" on the friday after thanksgiving. They are having a "party" sort of "get together" with family and friends so that people can get to know each other and people can hear RPM who have not been able to in the past. I guess anybody is welcome, and you can bring thanksgiving leftovers if you want to get rid of them. (And also I guess you could bring an instrument if you want to "jam" as I was told to expect that other people might play my drums.)

Apparently I have gotten myself mixed up with a bunch of extroverts. It is pretty scary.

12:12 PM, November 21, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home