Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Thursday, April 26, 2007

My first day.

Today was my first day of planting. It is kind of like the first day of school. I even had weird dreams about it last night. But I hadn't in fact won a brand new tractor when I woke up this morning. I try to make sure that the neighbors know that I don't have auto-steer. 'Cause I'm cool like that.
Planting into moisture--what a novel idea!
Farming is the process of burying vast sums of money. I want you to take out your wallet, pull out $50,000 and bury it in your back yard. You can dig it back up in October. Hopefully.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

it takes awhile to bury that kind of money, and what if it rains too much, or not enough, and what if the someone changes the price of money between now and then, and what if my equipment breaks down when it's time to dig it up...

3:40 PM, April 27, 2007

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

Sorry...AgEcon 101...Dr. Barkley...Fixed Costs...You have to bury your money, even if you know you won't get it all back.

12:01 AM, April 28, 2007

 
Blogger Shauna said...

Dr Barkley is probably my favorite teacher ever! I actually wrote him a fan letter after I graduated and asked him how Charles was doing.

8:09 AM, May 03, 2007

 
Blogger mllr said...

Crazy but the money we planted in the fall keeps washing up and floating away

8:30 AM, May 07, 2007

 
Blogger nattyman said...

I tried planting $50,000 in my back yard last spring. It didn't grow up and I still haven't been able to find where I planted it.

2:54 PM, May 10, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home