Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Monday, May 28, 2007

I like to party early...

The John Reuben show was pretty cool. It was a long, hot, and stressful day. Everybody ended up using my drumset, which was cool with me because I got to play my drumset too. The RPM set was...interesting...but everyone seemed to like us, or at least they told us they did, which is just as good. My favorite of the opening bands was Exclusive to None, who are from Joplin, and who had only been together for pretty much as long as I've been playing with RPM. John Reuben's set was awesome, but very short as a storm moved in about 30 minutes in. I didn't have a camera, so I drew you this picture.I also never got to actually meet JR, but I got to talk to Brad Binion and Seth Earnest, who are both incredible musicians as well as real nice people. Or at least they pretended to be nice, which is just as good.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger linda jean said...

I think you drew JR too fat.

6:55 AM, May 29, 2007

 
Blogger mllr said...

At least you drew them happy, or pretending to be, which is just as good

8:30 AM, May 29, 2007

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

linda jean: I also drew him with a dots for eyes and nose and completely deformed fingers. But you are right, that there is one skinny man.
mllr: they pretended to have a good time, possibly not just because they are professionals.

I also fogot to mention that if Travis was a hip hop superstar, he would be John Reuben, and if John Reuben was a former youth pastor and aspiring graphic designer, he would be Travis. If Travis had a long lost twin who was seperated from him at birth, his name would be John Reuben.

9:14 AM, May 29, 2007

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

fo'got is rapper slang, I just forgot the apostrophe.

9:15 AM, May 29, 2007

 
Blogger nattyman said...

So is Travis the Bizarro JR or JR the Bizarro Travis?

4:50 PM, May 30, 2007

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

The latter.

8:23 AM, May 31, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home