Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Friday, June 01, 2007

"Lazarus, come forth!"

How long have they been patiently waiting to hear those words? At least ten years, by my reckoning. linda jean tells their story much better than I. Maybe she would tell you, even if it isn't July. (She might even wave the standard fee of fifteen cents, a nail, and the shell of a great-great-great grandfather snail.) Visit her lerkim here.

Now, listen!


Their song is pretty enough even to make me forget my troubles:

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger linda jean said...

I think I have the poem on a disk... I'll look it up and see what I can do.

3:02 PM, June 01, 2007

 
Blogger linda jean said...

"Frogs laugh after the rain.
They refuse the midnight moon her silence,
Snickering at a joke only a frog can get:
Something about dying
Buried deep in the baking earh
When the rain calls
'Lazarus'
and the frogs come forth."

7:57 AM, June 02, 2007

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

:)

8:24 AM, June 02, 2007

 
Blogger mllr said...

Love the poem...the rains have caused the frogs to come forth here as well...along with the accompanying farming troubles

10:42 AM, June 02, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home