Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Friday, September 07, 2007

R.I.P.

"In this fateful hour,
I place all Heaven with its power,
And the sun with its brightness,
And the snow with its whiteness,
And the fire with all the strength it hath,
And the lightning with its rapid wrath,
And the winds with their swiftness along their path,
And the sea with its deepness,
And the rocks with their steepness,
And the earth with its starkness:
All these I place,
By God's almighty help and grace
Between myself and the powers of darkness!"

-Madeleine L'Engle
A Swiftly Tilting Planet

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

SSooo strange!
I read through the time series thursday night..
I just read that!

12:04 PM, September 08, 2007

 
Blogger linda jean said...

she is my hero.

6:51 PM, September 08, 2007

 
Blogger malh said...

What a great writer, who lived a great life...I am always much more impressed when one as talented she was has also had a happy marriage and loved her family as much as she seemed to.

5:44 PM, September 09, 2007

 
Blogger nattyman said...

A few months ago I tried reading A Wrinkle in Time to Jacob. Everything was going fine until we got to the pulsating brain! After not sleeping for 3 nights I decided we had better wait until he was a bit older.

He can comprehend complex books but he just can't handle the emotional intenseness sometimes. We were able to make it through the Chronicles of Narnia and The Hobbit though.

9:38 AM, September 21, 2007

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

Yeah, um I'm still freaked out by the pulsating brain and it's been 15 years since I read about it.

12:08 PM, September 21, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home