Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Start of a New Streak.

#22 KSU 84 #2 KU 75


Frankenmartin does what Lon Kruger, Dana Altman, Tom Asbury, Jim Woolridge and Bob Huggins couldn't.
Now someone fetch him a tailor.


Micheal Beasley, 25 points; 4-4 3 pointers.

Bill Walker, 22 points


Jacob Pullen, 20 points; 10-10 free throws


Sports Illustrated's Luke Winn on The Fans:
In my travels over the past few weeks, I've had the chance to visit three arenas for the first time: UCLA's Pauley Pavilion, Tennessee's Thompson-Boling Arena and Kansas State's Bramlage Coliseum. All three trips were for big rivalry games: USC at UCLA, Vandy at Tennessee and Kansas at Kansas State. And I'm amazed how much louder Bramlage was than the other two. The students in Manhattan were in an absolute frenzy for the entire upset of the second-ranked Jayhawks on Wednesday, so much so that KU coach Bill Self said afterward, "We will not play in an environment like this again this year. I couldn't even hear the whistle blow." No doubt the KSU kids were particularly riled because the KU was in town -- they were vaulting press row just to get on the court afterwards -- but if they can come close to replicating the atmosphere for the rest of their Big 12 home games, this will be one of the most underrated home-court advantages in college hoops. Said forward Bill Walker, "My ears were ringing when I finally got back to the locker room." The question now is, can Kansas' students sufficiently return the favor when the Wildcats enter the Phog on March 1?

Ans: No.


Why Bill Walker is my favorite Wildcat:

Freshman Forward Bill Walker

On the win...

“People act like there’s just one team in Kansas. We had a chance to show there isn’t. I just remember going on those Catbacker tours and listening to those people in Garden City, Kansas, and all the other places I went – all they wanted was to beat KU.



It is all we wanted, Bill. Thanks.


Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a big, big, big, big, big, big thanks from Garden city!

10:24 AM, January 31, 2008

 
Blogger jmlo said...

Wish my ears were ringing. Must of been a great game. :)

12:21 PM, January 31, 2008

 
Blogger mllr said...

Really fun win...I was sad it wasn't on my tv.

7:54 AM, February 01, 2008

 
Blogger Susan said...

Love that picture of Frankenmartin. I'm so sad I wasn't there. Unless the curse is true. So conflicted.

11:12 PM, February 01, 2008

 
Blogger Jo said...

Oh my goodness. Oh my!
that is awesome about Walker too!
I'm glad OSU is sucking so bad so I can pour all my concentration into KState Basketball.

5:37 PM, February 03, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home