Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Loneliest Pig

I'm sure that all of you were as deeply moved as I was by the plight of Afghanistan's only pig.

Ahem.


"'Pig.
Kabul Zoo.
Kabul Afghanistan.'


A crowd has gathered
To stare at the abomination
Alien, stranded on a rocky world
Alone.
(Montana is dead.)
I wonder, which is worse?
The laughter, or the silence?
For you have been isolated
For a crime you did not commit.
I wonder, Which is worse?
To be despised, or to be feared?
But don't sweat it, little pig
There is safety in loneliness
To be loved is to be devoured."

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger linda jean said...

piggy solidarity.

10:34 AM, May 12, 2009

 
Blogger linda jean said...

can i post the poem on fb?

9:03 AM, May 13, 2009

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

I didn't think you were in the habit of asking...

11:25 AM, May 16, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home