Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The rest of July, 2010.

The rest of July was hot and dry.
Bell found a good way to cool off.

I went ahead and sprayed all the wheat stubble right away. A long wet spring made real nice wheat, but left some pretty weedy stubble as well.



I guess spraying makes me too tired to drive responsibly.

Then it was time to start the seed cleaner. We started with the Dumas since we cut it so wet.

It was also time to haul in the rest of 2009's corn.
The first corn to come out of the first bin made me pretty nervous...
...but it wasn't too wet for them to take.

And after that it was plenty dry enough.

The soybeans started to look a lot better and a lot worse, depending on the soil PH.

I finally had a little time to read, though.

Once we got all the corn out of the bin...

...it was time to fill it with wheat from Boots's

So there was a lot of truckin' in July.


We celebrated Mom and Dad's birthdays.



And I was able to get away to the Alsop cabin for a few days.

For some hiking...

...and looking...

..enjoying the wildlife...

...avoiding the cacti (with Anna's help of course)...

...and just all around good times.



I like Abby in this one...

...and I like the cloud in this one.


Everyone loves the cabin.


Most of the time.

Far too soon it was my last morning there for another year.

It was sad leaving when I knew it was a full 50 degrees warmer back home...

On my first day back the red truck quit working again.
Home sweet home.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger betsyann said...

The trouble with being so far behind is reading about going to the cabin in the middle of winter. I want to go now!

9:56 PM, December 12, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home