Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Monday, January 31, 2011

November 2010, Part II.

So we had some more mocking rain at the Gray Havens later that week.

No matter, the solitary non-mocking rain had been enough to make the little plants happy.

The next day I did some window washin'.

And then, I decided to take drastic steps in order to get the sprinkler around the wheat without getting stuck.

That weekend, Linda asked me to go look at camera's with her. She wanted to replace her broken one. I was minding my own business, casually mixing with the various models on the showroom floor, when out of the corner of my eye.... what is this... a dustproof, waterproof shockproof Sony... with wide angle lens, sweep panoramic mode, selectable point of focus... I was in love. Finally, something to put on my birthday list.
Linda liked some Canon upgrade of her current model... I'm not really sure, the rest of the looking was a blur. I had found my match and it's name was Sony TX-5.

After several trips to several stores, and quite possibly some tears, Linda explained that by "look at," she meant "purchase." So that's what we did.

I think it made her happy.

I was happy the next day because the sprinkler had not gotten stuck.

And later in the day it passed the second danger zone unscathed.
And the wheat looked real happy.

The next morning we had the prettiest weather event there is... freezing fog.

So that week DanM came out to help me out on my new room in the basement.

This is the only decent picture of Dan that ended up on my camera. And you should ask Dan what I mean by that.

A lot of folks came up for Thanksgiving. It is weird having Texans in the family.

"Welcome to Tech, here are your boots. Please hand in your shirt."
Lydia trumped everybody with her mad texting skillz.

Luke changed into his "Grandma loves me" shirt.

The highlight of the week, and possibly my whole year, was Jim's demonstration of his MRI meltdown.

There was plenty of chillin'.
Luke and Lauren demonstrated what Luke was learning at college.

And there was some completely scientific testing of the power bracelet.

I think the tests were inconclusive.

Finally, we had a Thanksgiving/peer pressure miracle when Luke actually Skyped his girlfriend for us.

Howdy!

And then Spencer and Levi came over and had much too much fun making pies.


Thanksgiving morning Anna and I helped finish up the meal.

And then Anna gave a performance of the first Thanksgiving. High point... the extended trip across the ocean. "They were on the boat for a long time!"

Anna was a scored participant in the Connect 4 tournament for the first time.


We had a happy Thanksgiving meal.

And Anna got some good Papa Ted time in.

Her favorite part of the day was when mama pulled out all of the Christmas books.

Meanwhile, I dominated.


That evening I went back over to Mom and Dad's for the hootenanny.






Good times.

I went shopping with the Reeses on Black Friday.



The next day Anna and I discovered why people buy iPads... Angry birds.

And the day after that, Anna led us in a rousing game of hangman at Mio's. Which, if you are wondering, is the new/old best restaurant in town.
And that was November.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger betsyann said...

November Part II was way more fun than November Part I.

And I'm surprised that you casually mention that you won the Connect 4 Tournament. I was expecting that even to have it's own post.

10:03 PM, January 31, 2011

 
Blogger jmlo said...

The fun I miss staying in Oregon.
Congratulations on your connect 4 win.

4:01 PM, February 02, 2011

 

Post a Comment

<< Home