Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Monday, May 12, 2008

Saddle 'Em Up!

I got Chris to stick around the other day (read "two and a half weeks ago") So he could take some pictures of us putting the saddle tanks on the tractor. This is a job that I still absolutely dread because we used to not have the Ag-Krane or the shop and we did it all by hand. But it is really not that bad any more.
First the cross bars...

Tighten 'em down... This is really the hardest part now. I s'pose I could get an air wrench...

Then the tanks.

This problem (the bracket is too wide for the holes) is not new, but it has never been this bad.


This kind of creative thinking is why Dad gets paid the big bucks.


If you look close, you will see that I attach all of the plumbing to the tractor with zip ties. I'm sure that fancy-pants farmers make fancy little brackets and stuff to mount the hoses, but I lack the welding skillz (and the fore-thought) for that kind of thing.


Ready to go.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home