Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Coincidence?

So my dryland is all on a three year rotation. Wheat, Sorghum, Fallow. The last time I planted this field, which consists of the four corners between two circles, was 2005. That year, I started planting on the west half, finished, made a couple of rounds on the east half, and then got rained out. Deja Vu.




In 2005 it rained over an inch at this point, and I ended up spraying the whole field before I finished (to make sure I got it all sprayed before the west half emerged.) This year I sprayed the whole field before I started planting, and it only rained a quarter inch. In 2005 the west half made 100+ bushels per acre, and the east half made less than 50 (not as shocking as it sounds, the west half is a lot better soil.) This year?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home