Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Baseball TEXtravaganza Part II: Play Ball!

So it was like the hottest day ever for Luke's playoff game. No clouds, no wind, no shade.
We got there extra early to take full benefit of the nice, uncovered, metal benches.

So Jenny had this umbrella that she thought we could use and so I was trying to get it to stay open and give it to Anna to use when my hand slipped. Simultaneously they announced the national anthem. So I was standing like a good little patriot when Jenny told me that my hand was dripping. Here is what it looks like three days later. I would like to point out that there was not a single warning label on the umbrella.

Here is our view of Luke on defense. No one hit a ball anywhere near him.
Luke on offense. One strike out, one pop fly, one automatic walk.

Nice stance...

Good ducking skills..

Here's the pop up...

Letting one go...

And getting hit by a pitch...

So my streak of jinxing people when I attend their sporting events continues. The Panthers lost to the Panthers 6-1 which was the second of three and so Luke's season came to an end. At least he wasn't the last out (no thanks to me.) It was a lot of fun to have everyone yelling for "Loby" every time Luke was up to bat.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mllr said...

I like that "Loby" too, noone ever calls my kids that.

9:32 AM, June 04, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home