Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Facelift.

So I decided to give S'wheatie a facelift before harvest with some new quarter fenders and some new tires. The old recaps which came on the truck were getting to be pretty bald, which really reduced their already lousy traction in the field. I have been running for the last four years with no fenders between the tires and my back window, which has gotten me not a few comments along the lines of "doesn't that worry you?" I really didn't have to many problems though since the old tires hardly ever picked up rocks for the same reason that they hardly ever had any traction when I needed it. You can see from the third picture that my decision to first get the fenders and then get the new tires was justified. The fenders were way cheaper than I'd expected, the tires were more. Too bad--I just had to buy 2 fenders, but 8 tires.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home