Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Friday, February 27, 2009

Finger Update.

So, after 20 days of daily exercise, vitamin E massage, and "buddy taping", this is what my finger looked like.
Because there was part of the scar that just didn't want to heal well, they made a silicone mold of my finger for me to wear twice a day for an hour at a time. ("Don't leave it on for more than an hour or you will damage your skin." and "we don't know why it works.")

On the 28th of January, I saw the doctor again and he thought it was all fine and so I stopped going to physical therapy (which is probably good since I was developing a gambling addiction,) wearing the brace, and buddy taping.
This is what the finger looks like now.

This is how far I can bend the joint on my right (healthy) pinky.

And this is how far I can bend the joint on sicky pinky. This is actually quite a bit further than I could bend it before the surgery. Instead of having sharp, intense pain if I "tweak" the finger, followed by two to four weeks of varying degrees of pain, I now have mild arthritic pain whenever the joint is active, which is an improvement. I could probably get the finger to bend further eventually, but so far I have had trouble making myself stretch it (and hold it) to the so- painful-I-tear-up degree that my physical therapist was able to do.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Trinket said...

Gambling addiction?

2:56 PM, March 02, 2009

 
Blogger malh said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:20 PM, March 02, 2009

 
Blogger mllr said...

Nice pinky! I am also curious about the gambling addiction!

10:01 AM, March 05, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home