Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Monday, March 01, 2010

The Great Corn Watch Days 11-16

So, with not too much else going on, I told Linda I would go with her to test drive cars. Dennis got us started with this used Liberty.



We didn't feel like we were getting the optimum Jeep experience on top of the highway, so we decided to try underneath the highway.

Then we found some deep sand. And kind of developed a crush on the Liberty.
Pretty much the best test drive ever.


Then we tried a Chevy.
Linda couldn't shake the 'mom car' vibe she was getting...

...no matter what we tried.


I was sold on the trailblazer, however, just as soon as I discovered that the forward thinking engineers had designed a clever storage compartment to hold all of our cassette tapes. Handy!


While it was tolerable in the sand, the Chevy did not inspire much in the way of spontaneous giggling like the Jeep had.


Last but not least we tried out a new CRV. It really had the disadvantage of being a brand new car, so we kind of babied it in the test drive.
For example, we drove beside the riverbed instead of through it.


Dennis suggested that Linda take a nicer, newer Liberty home for the weekend.
So we took it car shopping too.

We stopped at the Nissan dealer so we could drive an X-Terra.
The X-Terra was the worst test drive of all because A. The salesman went with us and B. We had to cut the drive short when the salesman's boss called to find out why we had driven off in the X-Terra the boss was in the middle of selling. After that I got to drive the Liberty for a little bit and discovered that it handled on the highway a lot like a 19 passenger van does, only worse.

And there was a night, and a day, and a night, and a day (and Linda returned the Liberty), and a night and a day, and a night. I'm not sure, but I suspect I spent some time fertilizing the wheat ground. I guess we'll never know.

The next day I loaded up some Jagalene to take to Boots's...
And unloaded it at Boots's.




And then I got a phone call which started a flurry of activity which involved me driving halfway across two counties so that I could say, to a complete stranger, with a straight face, "Taste it, it's fertilizer."


Back at Boots's, much, much later, I was able to pick up my load of Fuller for the return trip.



And the next day I was able to witness Linda take the delivery of her brand new CRV.

There was a random puppy there too.
Dennis even cleaned up Linda's Powercat.

And there was much rejoicing.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger linda jean said...

Thanks again for coming with me. My CRV is great and practical... and just what I need. I haven't even brought the CRV down to the river, but he's had a some good experience in non-highway travel.

11:44 AM, March 02, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home