Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Birthday 2010.

On Birthday Eve, we had a Birthday party at our house. There was good food and good people. Some people brought me presents. For example Mom gave me a new Bible. Linda gave me a nose hair trimmer.

Lainey trumped everyone by bringing me a new nephew.

The next morning was Birthday proper. I got to open my presents from Anna and Betsy first thing. Among them was the camera which was just what I always wanted, which was especially good because I had misplaced my camera (it was in the laundry hamper.)

Then we went over to the farm for breakfast. A lot of family had come to town for Birthday. (You can click on the panoramic pictures for a better view.)

Look at this amazing picture I took with my new camera!

Then I attempted to keep Margaret's Facebook stalking to a minimum.

Then nearly everybody went to Napoli's for Birthday lunch. Abby and Katrina and Joe came in addition to all the (Lobmeyer) family. Katrina and Joe brought me the complete National Geographic collection, 'cause I'm going to be an explorer some day, just you wait and see.

These guys had to sit at the little kids table with Mark.

A helicopter even came to the airport to celebrate Birthday.

Then we went to Birthday movie.

It was way better than Linda's birthday movie.

Then I went to church, as is the custom on Birthday.

We had rehearsal.

And one service.

And another service.

And then I went to a third service.

Properly Birthday churched, I went over to the Alsop's for a Birthday cupcake and a Birthday present. The new Goldeneye anyone?

Then it was back to the farm, where even more people had showed up in honor of Birthday. Mary Ann brought me a cool book by my childhood meteorologist.

We had a very large conference call.

And Drew tried to explain Margaret's phone to her.

Then Betsy called to announce that something was on fire at our house. After much searching, we found the culprit. Looks like somebodies get to get a new refrigerator for Christmas. Well, as soon as the stores open, anyway.

And that's how I turned 33.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home