Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Thursday, February 03, 2011

December 2010, Part I.

December came.

I went out to look at the wheat.


There were baby plants in various stages of suffering.


I went up to Boots's to haul some wheat for Chris. I got to see some of the excitement he had on Thanksgiving.


That night was Anna's first school music program.

Betsy and I were in charge of keeping the kindergartners entertained during the bulk of the program.

A couple of days later we made cookies.

A couple of days later Anna got sick. She missed a whole week of school.
A couple of days late Chris came and helped me do some drywalling. Here I am applying some "Green Glue" (for noise control.)

A few days later I played the bells with the community orchestra.

And that night the cousins came over to make graham cracker houses.

A couple of days later I went and looked at the wheat some more.

The wheat at the Gray Havens had come up thanks to the .50" rain.

Not much had changed in Finney county, though.




But change was in the air.

That night Betsy and Anna made bread.

The next day Chris and Dad helped me finish up drywalling the inside of the room.

The next day we took a Tummy update picture.

The next day Linda and Abby and Betsy and Anna and I drove to Oklahoma for Linda's birthday. I forgot my sunglasses.

We had a good trip.

And when we got there Anna got down in Spencer's newly refurbished disco room.

The next day we went to Drew's graduation. There was much pomp. Drew is the second from the right in the first row.
We learned from the speaker the three keys to success: dumb luck, third world labor, and a lack of introspection.


There was a little to much circumstance for Betsy's taste.

Spencer kept it real.

Anna and Drew posed for a picture.

And then we went to Drew's house for pizza.

Anna found a nice playhouse on the way to Oklahoma City.

And we got to see the Reese's new house in Oklahoma City.

Joanna made sure we felt welcome.

Then we went to Tron. It was not the worst film I have ever seen.

On the way to Macaroni Grill Spencer attempted to show Margaret how to work her phone. I don't think it worked.

After supper Joanna gave us the OKC Christmas light tour.

Our favorite was Chesapeake energy.



Then we went back to Nardin.

There was a pretty sunset the next day before we drove home.

The next day I finally made time to clean up the combine.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home