Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Monday, June 30, 2008

Spraying Fun.


Here you can see where I killed some corn with the drift from spraying Round-Up on the corner.


I had several of these spots in the field, which is where I would stop the planter because it was dragging.


There were some pretty good weed patches in the field.


Quite a few spacing problems. Mark's rig was pulling to the left and my eyesight pulls to the left, so between us we had some WAY off guess rows.

Here is some classic ALS herbicide action on shattercane. These pictures were taken thirteen days after I sprayed. You can also see below how much the corn grew in this time.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger linda jean said...

It seems like you could see corn grow if you were patient enough. Have you ever tried.

8:29 AM, June 30, 2008

 
Blogger mllr said...

but who is cutting the wheat while you drive the tractor around watching your corn grow? I thought you would be full into that by now.

2:12 PM, June 30, 2008

 
Blogger lobiwan said...

lj, I don't have to watch it grow, I can smell it. And that is a wonderful thing.

mllr, Did you notice the "two weeks later" photograph? This blog operates on a minimum of one week delay on all issues Agriculture related. Right now it is closer to a two week delay due to circumstances beyond my control.

11:44 PM, June 30, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home