Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fun at Boots's

I had to take up some wheat to Chris. The first thing I did was to take the side-chute-extenders off of my trailer. They would be really handy if we unloaded wheat into holes in the ground like they do in primitive cultures such as Oklahoma, but they don't work so well unloading into hoppers.

It all went pretty good through the unloading of the front hopper. Chris even volunteered to scoop out the remainder ('cause we used the side chutes) even though I didn't have any kind of foreign object attached to my kidney this year.


But then the auger quit. Really quit. In a spectacular fashion. We even drove to Dodge City just to see if anyone had an auger like we needed for sale. But then Chris remembered his baby augers.
It was pretty slow going.

Chris was not amused.


Back home to get another load, and I returned the following morning. Chris had borrowed Toby's tractor and auger. It was NICE. We were done very quickly.



Hmmm... Chris needs an auger. And a tractor quite frankly. That sure is a nice auger. The (Case) tractor wasn't so bad either. Hmmm...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home