Soils, Syncopations, Solitude

Saturday, May 22, 2010

U2360 (GCW 38-40)

Friday the 16th was kind of a nervous morning as I had the knowledge that there was this little concert I wanted to go to, but also the knowledge that I had to cut corn if at all possible. The reason is that we were reaching the end the ideal time period to plant wheat. After October 20th, the yield potential of any wheat planted goes down quite a bit. So basically even if I got the corn cut in time to attend the concert on Sunday, I still wouldn't be able to go because I would immediately need to start planting wheat.
But the corn tested well over 20%, so it was off to OKLAHOMAOKLAHOMAOKLAHOMA!

We stopped in Cimarron for some ice cream.


Then we stopped in Meade for some play time. The playground is adjacent to the tourist camp.






Then we stopped for the customary "cattle in road." Welcome to Oklahoma!

In the morning I went with Jim to look at his combine.

And then we went to Stillwater for the Homecoming parade.
We got to hang with the Reeses...

And take some pictures...
And see Barry Sanders...
And Pistol Pete.
Anna was feeling especially patriotic.

After the parade we went to see Drew, who was too cool to go to the parade or dress in school colors.
The next day we left Anna with the Reeses and met up with everybody and headed to OKC and Norman.
Linda and Jen were there.


The Sowers.


There was a lot heavy machinery outside the concert :)


Heath and Jenny were there.


First up was the Black Eyed Peas.

They had dancing robots.

Here is a sample.

Let me point out to the uninitiated that Fergie is singing the word phunk. Phunk. Nothing wrong with the word phunk. I'm looking at you, Sarah.

And here is Sarah with Dan.


And then Larry started the real show:







It was the awesomest awesomeness I have ever seen.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mllr said...

Barry Sanders was in the parade?!?

7:54 AM, June 04, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home